Group Label - Word Count per Group?

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I'm wondering if it's possible to use the Autofill Columns options to input Words and word pairs for each individual group as a group name? I've seen it done in the Graph Gallery, but I'm not able to replicate it. Within the Autofill Columns window, under the Groups Label section, I do not have an option to set group label to group words or group word pairs.

Also, I'm curious as to if there is a way to get the Top items Graph Metric to calculate based on other worksheets besides the Vertices, or other columns containing items besides vertex?
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Hello!
Thanks for the interest in NodeXL.
Group labels are controlled from the Groups Worksheet. Use NodeXL>Show/Hide>Workbook Columns to display the "Labels" section.
Each group has a row in the Groups worksheet. You may populate the Label column with any string.
A series of content related summaries can be automatically generated for Twitter data. This includes the top URLs, hashtags, words and word pairs in the group.
Using NodeXL>Autofill Columns>Groups>Group Label you may select any column to act as the text for the group.

The Top Items feature currently only selects items from the Vertices worksheet. Which data would you like to see included in this feature?

Regards,
Marc
Jun 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM
MarcSmith wrote:
Hello!
Thanks for the interest in NodeXL.
Group labels are controlled from the Groups Worksheet. Use NodeXL>Show/Hide>Workbook Columns to display the "Labels" section.
Each group has a row in the Groups worksheet. You may populate the Label column with any string.
A series of content related summaries can be automatically generated for Twitter data. This includes the top URLs, hashtags, words and word pairs in the group.
Using NodeXL>Autofill Columns>Groups>Group Label you may select any column to act as the text for the group.

The Top Items feature currently only selects items from the Vertices worksheet. Which data would you like to see included in this feature?

Regards,
Marc
Thanks Marc!

Good idea about populating the Group Label column, I didn't even think about that.

With Top items, I was thinking about counting the people who post/comment on the most videos.
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM
The measure: "people who post/comment on the most videos" sounds like it is a Vertex attribute. The Top Items feature will select the N highest vertices on any value present in the Vertices worksheet. It should work as is!
Let me know how it goes for you.
Regards,
Marc
Jun 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I see what you're saying - that the value needs to be present in the worksheet. I was thinking that I could do almost like a pivot table type count, but I misunderstood the Top Items metrics. Now that makes sense. Thanks for your help!