Graphs not appearing

May 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I created a matrix, Defines my edges and my nodes, clcked on show graph and nothing happens. It is a simple matix (I think). Anyone have ideas as to where the graph has gone?
Coordinator
May 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

While NodeXL can import a matrix representation of a network (See NodeXL>Import>From Open Matrix Workbook) - internally, it uses an edge list representation.

If you want to manually enter your edges, just type vertex 1 and 2 names into column A and B of the Edges worksheet.

Regards,
Marc
May 29, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Did that.

Debra Sypien, LEED AP BD+C

Sustainable Facilities Coordinator

The Christman Company

May 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Did that and the problem is fixed, or did that and there is still a problem?

-- Tony
May 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Did that and I still get no graph.

The Christman Company

May 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Okay, thanks.

Please follow these steps, and tell me the first step that goes wrong on your computer.
  1. Close all Excel windows.
  2. In the Windows Start menu or Start screen, type "NodeXL" and select "NodeXL Excel Template" from the search results.
  3. Excel should open, and there should be a worksheet in the left side of the Excel window with "Vertex 1", "Vertex 2", and other columns. On the right side, there should be an empty pane called "Document Actions". The Excel window should look something like the first screenshot you see at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/.
  4. Enter some short text (any text) into cell A3, and some other short text into cell B3.
  5. There is a button at the top of the "Document Actions" pane called "Show Graph." Click it.
  6. You should see a simple, one-edge graph in the "Document Actions" pane.
-- Tony
May 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Edited May 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
...and if it's step 6 that fails, make sure that the "Zoom" slider near the top of the Document Actions pane is shoved all the way to the left, and that the "Scale" slider next to it is shoved all the way to the right. These sliders may be hidden if your Document Actions pane is narrow. Widening the pane should make them appear.

-- Tony
May 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Would it help if I attached my template?

The Christman Company

May 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM
You may have missed my question. Please follow the six steps I listed at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/445341 and tell me the first step that goes wrong on your computer.

-- Tony