Making a list network using mentions and replies

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Hello everyone, I am trying to create a Twitter list network of NBA players who interact with each other via mentions and replies to each other. The trouble I am having is that NodeXL seems to only collect this type of data for the latest tweets. Is there a way, for example, to see how two people have interacted with each other over the course of a few months? Thanks!
Apr 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Rick:

As you've noted, the Twitter List Network looks only at the latest tweets from the users you specify. Your idea for looking at earlier tweets as well, perhaps with an option for specifying how far back you want to go, sounds like it would be useful. I'll add that to our feature request list.

Right now, though, I'm afraid you can't do what you want to do.

(I'll add as a sidenote that NodeXL uses a "plug-in" architecture for its graph importers, and that any programmers out there who want to import other Twitter networks, or any other kinds of networks, for that matter, can easily do so. See "For Programmers: About NodeXL Graph Data Providers" at https://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/71182 for details.)

-- Tony