Assertion Error

Jan 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM
Edited Jan 1, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Hello- Enjoy the tool so far as it is exactly what I need for a project I am working on.

I have been working on a graph and am repeatedly encountering an error message, noted below. I get this message each time I chose to layout the graph.
If I change the layout type and then chose to "Lay Out" again, it pops up. I ignore it and it will allow me to continue to work (no crash).

---------------------------
Assertion Failed: Abort=Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue

at ExcelUtil.TryGetSelectedTableRange(ListObject table, Range selectedRange, Range& selectedTableRange) 

at Sheets1And2Helper.GetSelectedColumnValues(Range selectedRange, String columnName) 

at Sheets1And2Helper.GetSelectedRowIDs(Range oSelectedRange) 

at Sheets1And2Helper.OnSelectionChangedInTable(Range Target) 

at Sheets1And2Helper.Table_SelectionChange(Range Target) 

at ListObject.OnSelectionChange(Range targetRange) 

at ListObjectSupport.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Excel.IListObjectListener.SelectionChange(Object targetRange) 

at ListObjectListenerContractAdapter.SelectionChange(IntPtr targetRange) 

at ListObjectAdapter.OnSelectionChange(Range targetRange) 

at ListObjectAdapter.Worksheet_SelectionChange(Range targetRange) 

at RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) 

at RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Obje......

<truncated>
Abort   Retry   Ignore  

If I try to Debug

EXCEL.EXE - No debugger found.
No registered JIT debugger was specified.

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request.
Retry   Cancel  

And then I get an error telling me I have encountered a user defined breakpoint. (it wont let me copy the error).

Thanks!

Jan 1, 2009 at 1:18 AM
Robert:

Thanks for copying all the details, which are very useful.

Does this happen only with a particular workbook, or does it occur with every new NodeXL workbook you create?  Did it occur the first time you tried the program?  I'm trying to figure out if there is some particular state your workbook has gotten into that I never thought of (I'm the NodeXL programmer), or if something went wrong with setting up NodeXL on your machine.

Thanks,
    Tony
Jan 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Reinstalled the program and the assertion error went away.

I was using an old version of the program and may have copy/pasted some formatting along with the data that I transferred over. When I reinstalled and reimported data, the problem went away.

Thanks
Jan 20, 2009 at 8:37 PM
Thanks for letting me know, Robert.

-- Tony