Black box around label in Sphere shape

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I am creating vertices using the sphere shape - when I type a label, it presents it within the sphere surrounded by a black box.  I would like the labels to be black font with no surrounding black box, but cannot get anything to happen in the Label fill column, it is as if it is not reading that column at all.  How would I make the black box surrounding the label disappear?  Thank you,

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Edited Jan 31, 2013 at 6:32 AM
The short answer is that NodeXL won't let you do that.

The Label Fill column on the vertices worksheet sets the fill color for label shapes, not label annotations. You're using label annotations. (I realize it's confusing that NodeXL has two different types of labels and different options for the two types. We might name them differently if we were starting over.)

For label annotations, NodeXL uses the graph's background color for the label fill color. When the label annotation is next to the vertex, that's usually what most people want. When it's in the middle of the vertex (Label Position = Middle Center), which is what you've specified, you'll see the graph's background color, which is apparently black in your case.

We have a work item to revisit the options NodeXL offers for labels, but we haven't gotten to it yet.

-- Tony
Feb 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM
<div dir="ltr">Thank you for the reply, that makes sense!</div>