Import mail tool problem

Dec 25, 2008 at 9:08 PM
Hello all
I have some problems with the import mail tool.
I am using Window Live Mail on Vista Pro

I can
* import all the mail
* use the data range filter

The mail i can see in NodeXL is not all the mail i have in Windows Live Mail

i can't
* use the folder filter

I have two problems
1. The mail i can see in NodeXL is not all the mail i have in Windows Live Mail
2. I would like to import specific folders

Dec 29, 2008 at 5:24 AM
Yann:

The Analyze Email Network feature has been tested with Outlook and Windows Mail, but not with the newer Windows Live Mail.  I'll have to install it on my Vista machine, test it, and get back to you.

Thanks,
    Tony
Jan 1, 2009 at 11:44 AM
I tried the import email tool with Windows mail, and i have the same problem
When i use the filter options, NodeXL don't find any mail
When i check "analyse all mail", NodeXL find some mail but it is not the same mail i have in Windows mail !
When i give the full path C:\Users\Yann Leroux\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\toto@titi.com\Inbox NodeXL fail to find any mail

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:39 PM
Yann:

The folder that NodeXL is asking for is not a disk folder, it's a mail folder as it appears in your email program: "Inbox", for example.  If you click on the "Sample Folders" link underneath the folder name, you'll get this message:

If you use Windows Mail or Outlook Express to access your email, you can usually enter a simple folder name — "Inbox", "Sent Items", or "Deleted Items", for example.

If you use Outlook and Exchange, you might have to enter a folder name in this format:

/Mailbox - Jane Doe/Folder Name

Here are some sample Outlook/Exchange folder names:

/Mailbox - Bill Smith/Inbox
    /Mailbox - Mary Jones/Sent Items
    /Mailbox - John Williams/Deleted Items

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:51 AM
Nice. The problem is partly fixed. Things are going in the good direction.
Thunderbird is my default email client. To use NodeXL/Windows mail, i used a tool to export my mail in a format that windows mail can read. The exported mail was in a temp folder and that this folder that NodeXL founded. I deleted the folder and now NodeXL find the email box of Windows mail.

But there is still a problem.
Even if the" Inbox" location works well, the import is not complete. NodeXL find 17 mails... but where are the others ? :-) I get the same result if i don't use the filter tools and just use the option "analyse all emails"