Questions copied from the home page

Dec 20, 2008 at 6:36 PM
chrdunne wrote  Fri at 1:20 AM<abbr></abbr>  delete this comment
Hi. How do you create the tree graph shown in the images above i.e. the one with the blue background and red spherical node?
Chris

hshoch wrote  Fri at 7:34 PM<abbr></abbr>  delete this comment
Questions:

1) mirroring Chris, i'd like to know ho to choose colors and shapes for vertices: the "color" and "shape" columns in the vertex sheet don't work.

2) is there an example spreadsheet that might illustrate some of these features?
Dec 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM
I assume you mean the last graph on the page, called Graph3.gif.  That uses the Sugiyama layout, which you can select from the Layout Type menu in the graph pane on the right side of the workbook.  Our limited implementation of the Sugiyama layout works well only on some graphs, and this is one of them.

The only reason I know why the Color and Shape columns on the Vertices worksheet wouldn't work is if 1) you have AutoFill Colums turned on (NodeXL, Graph, AutoFill Columns, Use AutoFill Columns); or 2) you have created clusters (NodeXL, Analysis, Create Clusters).  Both features override any vertex colors and shapes you enter manually.

We don't have a sample workbook yet.  I can see how that would be very useful and so I've added it to the feature request list.

-- Tony

Dec 20, 2008 at 6:50 PM
Tony,

If you set priorities on the feature request list, I would like to add my vote to producing a sample notebook.

Thanks.

Peter
Dec 20, 2008 at 6:57 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Your vote has been registered!

-- Tony