Add 3rd vertex

Nov 10, 2008 at 6:42 PM
Dear;

I noticed one the edge sheet that there are only 2 vertices I can enter. what about if i need to add a 3rd one.
I need to simulate the following analysis on netmap.

Vertex 1       vertex 2        vertex 3
People            Age            city

how can i manipulate this data on the netmap?

thanks in advanced
Nov 10, 2008 at 7:26 PM
Edited Nov 10, 2008 at 7:27 PM
Falsufyani:

I'm not sure I understand your question.  If the following doesn't help you, please post more details about what you're doing.

The Edges worksheet contains an edge list, with one row per edge.  Each edge has two vertices that specify what is connected by the edge.  If the vertices in your graph represent people, for example, then the edges would represent relationships between people.  If Bob is related to Nancy and Nancy is related to John, the Edges worksheet would look like this:

Vertex 1  Vertex 2
Bob    Nancy
Nancy    John

If you have additional information about people that you want to add to the workbook, you would insert the information into columns you add to the Vertices worksheet, which you can get to by clicking the Vertices tab at the lower-left corner of the Excel window.  The Vertices worksheet has one row per vertex, and gets filled in automatically when you click Read Workbook in the graph pane.  (You can also fill in the worksheet by clicking the Copy Vertex Names button in the .NetMap ribbon.)  After adding columns for Age and City, for example, the Vertices worksheet would look like this:

Vertex  Age  City  Color  ...
Bob    24    Chicago
Nancy    54    New York
John    32    Tokyo

Those added Age and City columns can be used to control the color, shape, radius, and opacity of the vertices in the graph pane.  Click the AutoFill Columns button in the .NetMap ribbon to see how this is done.

-- Tony
Nov 11, 2008 at 11:38 AM
thank you very much for your prompt response...

i'm sorry if my post was not clear...

what I'm trying to achive is the following:
i have study about the network servers, zones and the rack. I want to see the relation between the servers and belong to which zone and the physical location in each rack. how to achieve that in netmap.

do I need 2 or 3 vertex in edge sheet? the data will look like that:

Server name            Zone            Rack
server1                    Servers        RAK1
server2                    DMZ           RAK2
server3                    Servers        RAK1
server4                    Web            RAK4

atc...

how to simulate that on netmap?

thanks in advanced....
Nov 11, 2008 at 5:23 PM
Edited Nov 11, 2008 at 5:25 PM
thank you very much for your prompt response...

I'm sorry if my post was not clear...

what I'm trying to achieve is the following:
I have a study about the network servers, zones and the rack. I want to see the relation between the servers and the zone belonging to and the physical location in each rack. how to achieve that in netmap.

do I need 2 or 3 vertex in edge sheet? the data will look like that:

Server name Zone Rack
server1 Servers RAK1
server2 DMZ RAK2
server3 Servers RAK1
server4 Web RAK4

atc...

how to simulate that on netmap?

thanks in advanced....