Clustering by Group Attribute

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Hi,

I have a rather large data set with 2000+ vertices, which i am attempting to create a sort of 'network graph' with all the vertices laid out in a circle and the edges connecting different nodes within the circle. I would like to group the vertices by attribute, but am having a lot of trouble. I have coloured each of the groups a different colour and no matter what i've tried the vertices colour are interspersed around the circle, rather than being in clusters of colour like i would like. I have tried using the Group by Vertices Attribute with no success (but maybe i just haven't done it right?). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Marissa

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Hello! Thanks for the interest in NodeXL!

NodeXL has a column in the Vertices worksheet called "Layout Order".

This column is often hidden in a NodeXL worksheet, so first select NodeXL>Show/Hide>Workbook Columns>Show All (or just "Layout").

The Layout Order column can contain any value and will determine the rank order in which vertices are displayed.

-
Marc

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM, maristar <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a rather large data set with 2000+ vertices, which i am attempting to create a sort of 'network graph' with all the vertices laid out in a circle and the edges connecting different nodes within the circle. I would like to group the vertices by attribute, but am having a lot of trouble. I have coloured each of the groups a different colour and no matter what i've tried the vertices colour are interspersed around the circle, rather than being in clusters of colour like i would like. I have tried using the Group by Vertices Attribute with no success (but maybe i just haven't done it right?). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Marissa

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Thank you! That worked perfectly! It's very much appreciated!

Marissa