tag-twitter community in nodexl ?

Jun 21, 2012 at 7:07 AM

i have captured tag specified data from twitter, how can i view it in nodexl ?

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL.

NodeXL has its own data importers for Twitter (along with Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, email, WWW, and others).

If you have a set of tweets, you will need to process them yourself to get them into a format that NodeXL understands.  You might, for example, extract only the usernames and use the Twitter user list importer to build a map of the relationships that exist among those people.

Regards,

Marc

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:34 AM

thanx for replying. but i dont know in which format i should provide input to nodexl. if you want i can send you the excel. that can be of some help, as while capturing communication corresponding to hashtag, we have sender of tweet, retweeter, reply to a particular person. so how do we do the formatting.

pooja

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Pooja:

Does your Twitter data consist of an edge list stored in a one-worksheet Excel workbook?  If so, you can do this:

1. Open the Excel workbook that contains your edge list.

2. Create a new NodeXL workbook.

3. In the NodeXL workbook, go to NodeXL, Data, Import, From Open Workbook.

Otherwise, you need to better describe the format of your Twitter data before we can help you.

-- Tony

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:21 AM

ya i have it, actually i have captured the data using mhawksey tags v2.4 .will try importing the edge list it contains two columns.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Edited Jun 22, 2012 at 8:53 AM

i was able to get the graph, thanx.  but if i want to see the graph clearly with clusters. i selected the default algorithms for community detecttion in nodexl, though i got 12 communities but the viewing was very clutterred.can u tell me the alternative

pooja

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Pooja:

One technique is to tell NodeXL to lay out the clusters (groups) in their own boxes.  For information on how to do this, go to NodeXL, Help, Help in the ribbon and see the topic called "How Groups Are Shown in the Graph Pane."  Within that topic, see the "Group Layout" section.

-- Tony