Transfer of columns ?

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Hey all ,

I would like to find out if the content of "Add Your Own Columns Here" in Edges worksheet could be transferred over to Vertices worksheet ?

I am currently having 2 Vertex columns (Vertex 1 , Vertex 2)  in Edges worksheet with the detail such as student name for vertex 1 , subject of interest for vertex 2 and scores for additional columns.

I would then like to transfer the scoring from the edges to vertices for grouping accordingly to percentile eg .

would that be possible ?

Thank you .

Regards,

Cody

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Cody:

You can transfer vertex-specific columns from the Edges worksheet to the Vertices worksheet using Excel formulas, but try this easier technique instead.

1. Make a copy of your workbook.  Call it MyCopy.xlsx, for example.  You're going to be removing a useful header row in the copy, and we don't want to mess up the original.

2. Open MyCopy.xlsx.

3. In MyCopy.xlsx, delete row 1 on the Edges worksheet.  That's the header row that says "Visual Properties," "Labels," and so on.

4. Select Office Button, New NodeXL Workbook.

5. In the new NodeXL workbook, select NodeXL, Data, Import, From Open Workbook.

6. In the Import from Open Workbook dialog box, select MyCopy.xlsx if it isn't automatically selected.  Check "columns have headers," then specify which columns you want to import from MyCopy.xlsx into the new NodeXL workbook.  Click the "what's the difference..." link in the dialog box for information on how to deal with the edge columns that pertain to Vertex 1 and Vertex 2.

-- Tony

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Hi Tony ,

Thank you for your help in this . Yes, i could see the transferred column after doing the steps you mentioned.
:)

Regards,

Cody