Visual Cluster for SNA Graph based on color of vertex

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Hi all,

I would like to know if there's a way to visually cluster the color of vertex onto the SNA graph? For an example, visually having to group 5 "red" vertex color together out of 20 "blue" vertex color in the graph.

Thank you

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Yes, you can do that.

First, you need to create your vertex groups.  There are several ways to do that, including manually selecting vertices and telling NodeXL to put them into a group.  You can do that with NodeXL, Analysis, Groups, Add Selected Vertices to Group.

After your groups are created, you can set the color of each group by editing the Vertex Color column on the Groups worksheet.

You'll find a lot of information about groups at NodeXL, Help, Help.  Look for the "Working with Groups" topic; particularly the "Creating Groups" and "How Groups are Shown in the Graph Pane" subtopics.

-- Tony

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Hi Tony ,

Thank you for your reply.  May i know if the cluster manually worksheet is in the NodeXL Template ? I can't seem to find mine.

Regards,
Cody

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Edited Jun 11, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Cody:

If you don't see a "Groups" worksheet when you create a new NodeXL workbook, it's probably because you are using an older version of NodeXL, one that didn't include groups.  If you download and install the latest version, which you can find at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/releases, you'll find a Groups worksheet immediately to the right of the Vertices worksheet in the worksheet tabs at the lower-left corner of the Excel window.

You do not have to uninstall your older version of NodeXL before installing the latest one.

-- Tony