specific Vertex's on top

May 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hi,

I try to visualize dependencies of IT services to ressources like hardware/software components and service providers.

I have two questions:

1. I would like to see specific Vertex's on top of the Graph (the IT Services). I use the Sugiyama Layout. Is this possible? 

2. To get a group to work, I need to assign a shape and color. Otherwise grouping in the graph doesn't take place. Is this really required or do I do something wrong?

Thanks

Robert

May 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Edited May 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Robert:

1. By "top of the graph," do you mean that you want certain vertices to be in certain places using the Sugiyama layout?  If so, that isn't possible.  The Sugiyama layout looks only at the way the vertices are connected to one another when it decides where to lay out the vertices in the graph pane.

2. You don't need to assign your own shapes and colors to groups--NodeXL will do that for you.  For an overview of how groups work, including the options for creating groups and controlling how they are shown, please go to NodeXL, Help, Help in the Excel ribbon and check out the "Working with Groups" topic.

-- Tony