Incomplete Graph

Apr 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I'm trying to make a huge graph but it seems that it has a limit on the number of vertex. Does anyone have any info on that?

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Hello, Pork:

(I've been waiting for years to use that greeting.)

NodeXL is optimized for small- to medium-sized graphs, which means graphs with several thousand vertices and several thousand edges.  It can be used with tens of thousands of vertices and edges, but its performance slows down significantly with graphs that large.  It takes a long time to show the graph, and selecting vertices and edges in the graph pane or workbook can be rather slow.

I definitely do not recommend that NodeXL be used on graphs that have hundreds of thousands of vertices or edges.  It has not been tested with graphs that large and will likely fail with difficult-to-understand error messages if you try it.

-- Tony

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM

But my graph doesn't have  more than hundred vertices and not even a thousand edges. I my current state it doesn't even have 20 vertices u.u'''

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

A hundred vertices and a thousand edges should work just fine.  What exactly is the problem you've run into?  Are you getting some sort of error message, or are your vertices and edges not appearing in the graph pane when you refresh the graph, or what?

-- Tony