Starting issue with Nodexl

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Hi,

I just installed Nodexl on my computer. Everything went fine, but every time I open the Nodexl excel template I get these notifications:

"The language DLL 'VBE6INTL.DLL could not be found".

If I press ok I get the next one:

"The customization assembly could not be found or could not be loaded. You can still edit and save the document. Contact your administratore or the author of this document for further assistance".

If I click ok, I go into the program but it's a 'read only' and I don't get the link (in the ribbon) of nodexl betweet 'view' and 'design'.

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to computers (unfortunately I need this for my dissertation), I'm sure I did something wrong...

Can anyone plz help me out!?

Thanks

Greetings

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Forgetting about NodeXL for a moment, what happens when you try to open plain old Excel via the Windows Start menu?

-- Tony

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:19 PM

nothing out of the ordinary happens...it just loads as a normal excel document and everything works normal!

Nancy

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Nancy:

I think there is something wrong with your Excel program in general.  I don't know why it appears only when you try to use NodeXL, but I can tell you that many other people who never use NodeXL have also encountered it.  I was unable to find a single definitive cause or solution, but here is a conversation in which many people talk about the problem and how they fixed it:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-excel/the-language-dll-vbe6intldll-could-not-be-found/0365b6d5-d1b9-459d-95d0-3d8e47d13ae2

One cause was having Google Desktop installed.  Do you have that?

Another thing you might try is Windows Start Menu, All Programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Office Diagnostics.  That's a tool that can find and fix some Office problems.

I'm sorry I can't offer a real answer.

-- Tony

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Thanks Tony!

One of the solutions on the link you gave worked!

I uninstalled "Compatibility update for office 2007" and everything works like a charm now!

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Oh, that's good news.  Thanks for letting me know what worked; now I have advice in case it happens to someone else.  (Yours was the first case I had heard of with NodeXL.)

-- Tony