Feb 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I'm wondering if Excel 2007 itself is set up properly on the Windows side, irrespective of NodeXL. Try this experiment:
1. Open Excel 2007 on the Windows side. You'll get an empty, normal (not NodeXL) workbook.
2. Select Office Button, Save As.
3. In the Save As dialog box, change the "Save as type" to "Excel Template (*.xltx)".
4. Specify "TestFile" as the "File name", and save the file to the Desktop. (Desktop is usually under Favorites in the left folder pane.)
5. Close Excel 2007.
6. Locate TestFile.xltx on your Windows desktop and double-click it. Which program opens?