There is an awkward way to hide selected groups, as long as they are not collapsed:
1. Switch to the Groups worksheet.
2. Select the groups in the Groups worksheet that you want to hide.
3. Right-click the graph pane and select Edit Selected Vertex Properties from the right-click menu.
4. In the Vertex Properties dialog box, set Visibility to Hide.
To make those groups visible again, do this:
1. Clear the Visibility column on the Vertices worksheet.
It seems like new "Hide Selected Groups" and "Show All Groups" menu items might be useful, but we haven't added those yet.