Two different edge weight columns

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:48 AM

For some reason, My edges worksheet shows four columns at the end that read "edge weight", "Dynamic Filter", "edgeweight", "dynamicfilter". The difference being the space b/t the words. I don't really understand if it is supposed to be this way. When I click dynamic filter on the graph pane I seem to lose data entries that may be useful and don't know if these duplicate columns have something to do with it. The edge weight and dynamic filter columns  ARE NOT identical. Can you please tell me what effect this is having on my project or the purpose of these columns? 

Column N: Edgeweight

Column O: DynamicFilter

= IF(AND([EdgeWeight] >= Misc!$N$4, [EdgeWeight] <= Misc!$O$4,TRUE), TRUE, FALSE)

Column P: Dynamic Filter

= IF(AND([EdgeWeight] >= Misc!$N$13, [EdgeWeight] 

Column Q: Edge Weight 

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:31 PM

NodeXL adds a visible "Edge Weight" column to the edges worksheet in several circumstances.  It adds a hidden "Dynamic Filter" column when you use the Dynamic Filters feature.  It never adds "Edgeweight" or "DynamicFilter" columns, and I don't know where those came from.

If you post the workbook to a new "issue" on the Issue Tracker tab at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic (unfortunately, you can't post attachments to the Discussions tab), I'll take a look at it.

-- Tony

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:45 PM

I have posted the file to the issue tracker

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:14 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2011 at 6:03 PM

It looks like you have Excel's "auto-expand table" feature turned off, which is preventing new columns from becoming part of the Excel tables that NodeXL uses.  Please see "What to do if NodeXL's tables don't 'auto-expand'" at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/257006 for instructions on how to turn it on.

Since July (NodeXL version 1.0.1.173), NodeXL checks this for you when it starts up and offers to turn it on for you if it's off.  I assume that you are using an earlier version, or you declined the offer.

-- Tony

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I do not know where the AddYourOwnColumnsHere, EdgeWeight or DynamicFilter columns on your Edges worksheet came from.  NodeXL doesn't add columns that are spelled that way, without spaces.

-- Tony