Oct 28, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Edited Oct 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM
You'll have to convert your edge list to all lower case or upper case before using it in NodeXL. You can use Excel's LOWER or UPPER functions to do this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263580),
although that's a bit involved. Here is another technique. (This takes longer to read than it takes to do.)
1. Enter your inconsistent edge list into the Edges worksheet of a new NodeXL workbook. Don't show the graph yet, because that will copy the inconsistent vertex names to the Vertices worksheet and you don't want that.
2. Select and copy the edge list in columns A and B, not including the column headers.
3. Paste the edge list into a new Word document.
4. Select the edge list in the Word document.
5. In Word, use Home, Font, Change Case to make the edge list have consistent case.
6. Copy the edge list from the Word document.
7. Select cell A3 in the Edges worksheet in the NodeXL workbook, then paste the consistent edge list back into the worksheet.