NodeXL with VS2010 and Excell 2010

Oct 13, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Excuse me  if i create yet another post about this discussion, but i used the informations of other post to achieve the goal.

I have to add new features to extend NodeXL.

I tried (for 2 weeks) to install VS2008 Pro on Windows 7 x64 and WinXP Pro x32 but setup does not work.

Actually i'm working on a Windows 7 x64 machine.

To use NodeXL with VS2010 and Excel2010 i had:

- downloaded source code by svn 

- opened .svn file and achieved project conversion

- restored all *.Designer.cs  files of NodeXL/ExcelTemplate  directory

- created singin certificate for ExcelTemplate project

- built solution 2 times

But i still get these errors:

Error	1	Assembly 'Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate, Version=1.0.1.150, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'	e:\SVN\NodeXL\NodeXL\ExcelTemplate\bin\Debug\Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.dll					NetworkServer
Error	2	Metadata file 'E:\SVN\NodeXL\NodeXL\NetworkServer\bin\Debug\NodeXLNetworkServer.exe' could not be found					UnitTests

Thank you for your help.

Oct 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Edited Oct 13, 2011 at 1:05 AM

If I understand, you had trouble installing Visual Studio 2008 (independent of NodeXL) and so you are using Visual Studio 2010 instead.  Now, you get a build error in Visual Studio 2010 when you attempt to build the NodeXL solution.

The source code is no longer distributed via SVN, so you have downloaded a very old version of NodeXL.  Please go to the Downloads tab and download the latest "NodeXL Source Code" release, then try building that.

Note that I am able to provide only a limited amount of support for build environments other than Visual Studio 2008 with Excel 2007, but tell me what happens with the latest source code and I'll see if I can help.

-- Tony

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Thank you a lot,

i was working with a real old versions.

Now it works with only the conversion :)

I tried to install 3 different versions of VS2008, downloaded from MSDN AA, on a WinXP-Pro virtual machine created specifically for the pourpose  and on my W7x64 system.

Setup of all .net, vtso, compact sql and others did not work automatically, i installed them manually but VS still does not work.