No Graph Pane

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:28 AM

I am new to NodeXL. I hope someone coule help me out.  I cannot see the graph pane in Excel template.  Instead, I could only find the grid of "Visual properties".

There is a message window popping out when I open the NodeXL Excel template, saying "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close". I'm using office 2010. What can I do with this?

Thank you so much!

Meow_Meow

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:39 PM

When you ran NodeXL's setup program, did it go smoothly, without any error messages popping up?

When you open the template and get an error message, does the message have a "Details" button?  If so, please copy the details here.

-- Tony

Aug 16, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Yes, it went smoothly when I ran setup. Just took me 2-3 minutes.
No "Details" button in the message window. It says" Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the incovenience. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. " Just two bottons below "Send Error Report" and "Don't send".
Thank you!
Mm
When you ran NodeXL's setup program, did it go smoothly, without any error messages popping up?
When you open the template and get an error message, does the message have a "Details" button? If so, please copy the details here.
-- Tony
Aug 16, 2011 at 7:06 PM

There is "Microsoft Document Customization" window popping up, when I open the template this  time, saying " the customization assembly could not be found or could not be loaded". Here is the "Details":

Uncaught exception thrown by method called through Reflection. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131604)

************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Uncaught exception thrown by method called through Reflection. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131604)
   at System.AppDomain.Unload(AppDomain domain)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.CreateCustomizationDomainInternal(String documentFullLocation, String documentName, String assemblyLocation, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, IntPtr& executor)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.Interop.ICreateCustomizationDomain.CreateCustomizationDomain(String documentFullLocation, String documentName, String assemblyLocation, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, IntPtr& executor)

Thank you!

Aug 16, 2011 at 7:17 PM

That's what I needed, thanks.

You have an Excel feature turned off that NodeXL can't live without.  To turn the feature on and fix the problem, please see 'How to fix a "TargetInvocationException" problem' at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/267366.

-- Tony

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Yea~~ It works!! Thank you so much, Tony! -Mm