Sandy1

Jul 29, 2011 at 7:24 PM

When I try to install NodeXL Template on my computer Windows XP and Microsft Office 2010 the Tab NodeXL with all the graphic's is missing and I also recieve an error message:

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : excel.exe     P2 : 14.0.6024.1000     P3 : 4d83e607

P4 : microsoft.office.tools.v9.0     P5 : 9.0.0.0     P6 : 4a307dc1     P7 : 4

P8 : 0     P9 : system.io.filenotfoundexception  

Can anyone tell me what's gone wrong?

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2011 at 5:56 AM

Is that error message from the Windows Event Log?  Unfortunately, it doesn't provide much information.  Does an error message pop up in a window when you attempt to start NodeXL from the Windows Start menu?  If so, please copy that message here.  There is often a "Details" button in the window, and it's the details that are most helpful.

Thanks,
    Tony

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I hope this is the right message:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Uncaught exception thrown by method called through Reflection. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131604)
   at System.AppDomain.Unload(AppDomain domain)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.CreateCustomizationDomainInternal(String solutionLocation, String manifestName, String documentName, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, Boolean useFastPath, IntPtr& executor)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.Interop.IDomainCreator.CreateCustomizationDomain(String solutionLocation, String manifestName, String documentName, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, IntPtr& executor)

Thanks,

Sandy1

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Sandy:

Yes, that's it, thanks!

You have an Excel feature turned off that NodeXL needs turned on.  Please see "How to fix a "TargetInvocationException" problem" at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/267366 for instructions on how to turn the feature on.

-- Tony

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Tony,

It works now.

Thanks,

Sandy