How to calculate network modularity

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM
Hi,
I found out the NodeXL's feature allowing to cluster the graph by Newman Algorithm. It's great to my job.

However, I really want to calculate graph, or network, modularity (ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modularity_%28networks%29).
Network modularity is very important in analysis. Can you share me a function in C# souce code calculating graph/network modularity?
Thank you.
Jul 9, 2011 at 8:31 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2011 at 9:55 PM

I don't have code that does that.  We'll consider adding modularity to a future release of NodeXL, but right now I'm afraid I can't help you.

-- Tony

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:04 AM
Network modularity can be calculated by Newman's clustering algorithm, but it's hidden in the module 'SnapGraphMetricCalculator.exe'. As such, that's not open completely.
I think to analyze a network/graph we should more extend the libs with some features such as network development analyzing, and network simulating.
If not open completely, it's very hard to have contribution.

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 2:31 AM, tcap479 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I don't have such code. We'll consider adding modularity to a future release of NodeXL, but right now I'm afraid I can't help you.

-- Tony

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com