Cannot find the template

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Edited Jun 10, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Seems I found the solution.  I still get the message but can open the template via Excel.   Oops.

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:34 AM

You didn't say how you were attempting to open NodeXL.  The way to do it is as follows:

1. In the Windows Start menu, click "All Programs" (in Windows 7 or Vista) or "Programs" (in XP), then "Microsoft NodeXL."

2. Click “NodeXL Excel Template.”

When you do this, you should not get any kind of error message.  If you do get an error message, please tell me exactly what it says (in many instances, you can press Ctrl+C to copy an error message to the Clipboard) and I should be able to figure out what's wrong.

-- Tony

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:37 AM
Thanks for such a quick response, Tony. Seems that the issue is resovled. It was a forest-for-the-trees issue. I hadn't attempted to open the template from Excel; I had only tried from the file location.

Steve

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:34:50 -0700
To:
ReplyTo: NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com
Subject: Re: Cannot find the template [NodeXL:260986]

You didn't say how you were attempting to open NodeXL. The way to do it is as follows:

1. In the Windows Start menu, click "All Programs" (in Windows 7 or Vista) or "Programs" (in XP), then "Microsoft NodeXL."

2. Click "NodeXL Excel Template."

When you do this, you should not get any kind of error message. If you do get an error message, please tell me exactly what it says (in many instances, you can press Ctrl+C to copy an error message to the Clipboard) and I should be able to figure out what's wrong.

-- Tony