Scheduling the creation of a twitter list network

May 15, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Hello!! I would like to say that I am very impressed with NodeXL- it is so easy-to-use and extremely useful!! 

I would just like to ask you whether it is possible to schedule the creation of a twitter list network with NodeXL Network Server, apart from the creation of a search network or a user network!

I mean, whether you could add the TwitterList network type to the SampleNetworkConfiguration.xml..

Or else, what would you advise me to do??

Thank you very much!!

May 16, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Edited May 16, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Evangelia:

The Twitter List Network was added to the Excel Template after the NodeXL Network Server command line program was created, and the Network Server program hasn't yet caught up.  Now that I know that someone would actually use it, I'll bring up the idea of making the Twitter List Network available from the Network Server at our next planning meeting.  That would make it possible to schedule the periodic creation of Twitter List Networks.

In the meantime, the only way to get a Twitter List Network is manually, through the NodeXL Excel Template.

Thanks,
    Tony

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Evangelia:

The scheduled importation of Twitter list networks that you mentioned will be available in version 1.0.1.171 of NodeXL, which will be released on or around June 23, 2011.  Thank you for the suggestion.

-- Tony