Studying Browsing Pattern

Feb 13, 2011 at 8:23 AM

This is Sohaib Naseem, First of all I must say that NODEXL is an excellent tool for students for social network analysis. It helped me a lot.

Now recently what  I am working is a project where i am analyzing the browsing pattern of the specified location. for example: Pakistan

I need to figure out that where [particular number of users (population sample)] are spending much of their time and in which sort of activities. Can I figure out this browsing pattern via NODEXL?

and what about the data of Facebook? any possibilities?

Any suggestion would be much helpful for me.

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:33 AM

I'm glad you've found NodeXL to be a useful tool.

Can you explain more about the data that you are attempting to analyze?  Namely, where does the data come from, what does a vertex represent, and what does an edge represent?

-- Tony

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:48 AM

This may also be useful:

Bernie Hogan’s Facebook Social Network Data Provider and Visualization toolkit

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Hey Guys thanks for your support

@ Marc, yea it did helped me alot, Thanks :)

@ Tony,

I m looking to analyze that when people join any social network, then where they do spent their majority of time, like in visiting pages or commenting on each other photos etc etc.

Basically Characterizing User Behavior in Online Social Networks, Understanding how users behave when they connect to social networking sites. such as how frequently users visit their friends' or non-immediate friends' pages.