Error at automate "on every NodeXL workbook in this folder" function

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Hi, I tried to use NodeXL's automate function to generate table from multiple automaticly generated NodeXL Twitter network data workbooks, but after execution, I get the following message (the individual files are in good conditions):

---------------------------Microsoft NodeXL---------------------------An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[COMException]: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbooks.Open(String Filename, Object UpdateLinks, Object ReadOnly, Object Format, Object Password, Object WriteResPassword, Object IgnoreReadOnlyRecommended, Object Origin, Object Delimiter, Object Editable, Object Notify, Object Converter, Object AddToMru, Object Local, Object CorruptLoad)
   at Microsoft.Research.CommunityTechnologies.AppLib.ExcelUtil.OpenWorkbook(String filePath, Application application)
   at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.TaskAutomator.AutomateOneWorkbookIndirect(String nodeXLWorkbookFilePath)---------------------------OK   ---------------------------

Could you suggest, what should I do?

I use Windows 7 Enterprise with Office 2010 and the latest NodeXL template.

Thanks!

Pal

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Pal:

I'm trying to get the problem to occur on my Windows 7 computer, but so far I haven't succeeded.

What happens when you try to automate just the current workbook?  In other words, tell me what happens when you do this:

1. Select NodeXL, Graph, Automate.

2. In the Automate dialog box, click "Select All" to select all the checkboxes.

3. Select "On this workbook."

4. Click "Run."

Thanks,
    Tony

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Hi Tony, thanks for your words, I tried to execute the Automate command as you suggested, and at a point it stoped with this message:

"This operation is not allowed. The operation is attempting to shift cells in a table on your worksheet."

This message windows is opened, when the "Inserting metrics into the workbook" message is on the Calculating Metrics window.

After clicking on the OK button, the process continues on the subgraph generator window and the process finishes without any other errors - and the subgraphs are generated.  

Thanks,

Pal

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM
Edited Feb 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Pal:

The bug that causes this message:

"This operation is not allowed. The operation is attempting to shift cells in a table on your worksheet."

...will be fixed in version 1.0.1.161 of NodeXL, which will be released around February 9, 2011.  I'm not sure yet if the original problem you reported is related to the same bug; I'm still investigating.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

-- Tony

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Thanks Tony, I'll try your new version and will report whether works or not the automated processing of workbooks.

Pal