Cannot open NodeXL after installation

Dec 26, 2010 at 5:15 AM

I successfully installed NodeXL using Windows 7 - Parallels Desktop for Mac. But when I go to start>all programs>microsoft nodexl>node excel template>I get the following error message:

"excel could not open NodeXLGraph.xltx because some content is unreadable. Do you want to open and repair?", after I hit open and repair I get:

"the workbook cannot be opened or repaired by microsoft excel because is corrupt"

Any guidance on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Cesarias 

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:53 AM

Cesarias:

I don't know how NodeXL's template file (that's what "NodeXLGraph.xltx" is) can become corrupted, assuming you didn't modify it after installing NodeXL.  I'm wondering if Excel is giving a misleading message, or if there is something wrong with your copy of Excel.

Please try the following:

1. Go to "Test files for Cannot open NodeXL after installation" on NodeXL's Issue Tracker tab on CodePlex.  It's at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/workitem/19455.

2. Download the NodeXLGraph.xltx attachment under the "File Attachments" section.  Save the attachment somewhere on your hard drive.  This is just a copy of the NodeXL template.  I know for a fact that this copy is not corrupted.

3. In Windows Explorer, double-click the file you downloaded.

What happens?

-- Tony