Edges size

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Hi, a have a group of teams that work each one with severals tasks. I am trying to do some Venn Diagrams and NodeXL graphs trying to measure the importante of the hours for each team trying to see which tasks are more complex (in-degree?).

Any idea?

Sample

Team 1 - Task 1 - 100 hours

Team 1 - Taks 2 - 200 hours

Team 2 - Task 2 - 400 hours

Team 2 - Task 3 - 150 hours

Team 2 - Task 4 - 600 hours

Team 3 - Task 1 - 900 hours

Team 3 - Task 3 - 50 hours

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:17 AM
Edited Dec 21, 2010 at 4:18 AM

I'm not sure if this is the same question as in "Venn Diagrams?" at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=239038, or if it's a different issue.  If it's a different issue, please clarify what you're asking for.

Thanks,
    Tony

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I was trying to relate the edge and vertex size with the Hours columns. I realized that I can enter manually these attributes.

I will try now as you wrote make a venn diagram using hours (proportional venn diagram)

thanks for your support, nodexl is a pefect tool for excel users :)

Happy holidays to all, kindest regards

Ernesto

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Ernesto:

You can use NodeXL's Autofill Columns feature to make the edge width proportional to the Hours column on the Edges worksheet.  Do the following:

* Click NodeXL, Visual Properties, Autofill Columns in the ribbon.

* In the Edge Width row in the Autofill Columns dialog box, select Hours from the drop-down list.

* Click the Autofill button at the bottom of the Autofill Column dialog box.

I'm glad you've found NodeXL to be useful, and happy holidays to you, too.

-- Tony

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Excellent! The Autofill feature is perfect.

Now I am trying to define a process to change only some values after the Autofill to build a venn diagram

It will keep me busy in the holidays!! :)

Kindest Regards