Error when using Dynamic Filters

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:36 PM
Edited Nov 4, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I am getting an error when I click on the "Dynamic Filters" icon on the NodeXL toolbar (the message I get is below).  It was working fine on the same spreadsheeet on this machine yesterday, but since then I have added columns, done autofilling, etc.  I tried reinstalling V ... .153 but that didn't make any difference in the error.  To get a fresh copy of the template do I have to uninstall the old one and download again,, or is setting up from the zip file I have the right thing to do?  I tried the latter and it didn't make any difference. 

I can recreate the spread sheet easily enough, but I am afraid it might have been something I did to mess it up.

Thanks.

Peter 

---------------------------
Microsoft NodeX---------------------------
An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[COMException]: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.set_Value(Object RangeValueDataType, Object )

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.DynamicFilterDialog.AddDynamicFilterFormulaToTable(String sWorksheetName, String sTableName, String sDynamicFilterFormula)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.DynamicFilterDialog.InitializeDynamicFiltersForOneTable(String sWorksheetName, String sTableName, GroupBox oGroupBox)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.DynamicFilterDialog.InitializeDynamicFilters()

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.DynamicFilterDialog.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
OK  

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Peter:

Does your Edges or Vertices worksheet have a numeric column whose column name includes a left bracket, right bracket, pound sign, or single quotation mark?  If so, that was a known Dynamic Filters bug in NodeXL.  It was fixed in version 1.0.1.154, which you can get here:

http://nodexl.codeplex.com/releases

You do not need to uninstall the old NodeXL.  Just unzip the downloaded file for version 1.0.1.154 and run Setup.exe.

You could also just remove the troublesome character from the column name(s), but there are other improvements in the latest version that you might find useful.

-- Tony

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Hi Tony,

That's exactly what it was (right and left brackets)! Thanks a lot.

Peter

On Thu, November 4, 2010 5:00 pm, tcap479 wrote:
> From: tcap479
>
>
> Peter:Does your Edges or Vertices worksheet have a numeric column whose
> column name includes a left bracket, right bracket, pound sign, or single
> quotation mark? If so, that was a known Dynamic Filters bug in NodeXL.
> It was fixed in version 1.0.1.154, which you can get
> here:http://nodexl.codeplex.com/releasesYou do not need to uninstall the
> old NodeXL. Just unzip the downloaded file for version 1.0.1.154 and run
> Setup.exe.You could also just remove the troublesome character from the
> column name(s), but there are other improvements in the latest version
> that you might find useful.-- Tony
>
>