Dynamic Filters

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I am working on the Les Miserable example set.  I copied the data to a new nodexl model.  Everything worked. 

I was working with dynamic filters and got the following error.  So, I am posting the error here.  Let me know if you need more information. 

---------------------------
Microsoft NodeXL
An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[ArgumentException]: An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.DynamicFilterSettings.Open()

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.DynamicFilterDialog.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
OK  

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Can you please tell me the following:

1. What version of NodeXL are you using?  You can tell by going to NodeXL, Help, About Microsoft NodeXL in the Excel ribbon.

2. Is the problem repeatable?  In other words, does it occur every time you try to use Dynamic Filters in this particular workbook?  If so, I will send you an address to which you can send the workbook, so I can have a closer look at it.

Thanks,
    Tony

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Hi,

I am on version 1.0.1.132

Yes -- it happens all the time on the dynamic filters -- note that I copied the information from the original Les Miserable example because the original example did not have the frequency distributions in the dynamic filters.

Thanks for the help!!!

John H. Heinrichs, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
School of Library and Information Science
Wayne State University

To: ai2824@wayne.edu
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2010 12:32:45 PM
Subject: Re: Dynamic Filters [NodeXL:229422]

Can you please tell me the following:

1. What version of NodeXL are you using? You can tell by going to NodeXL, Help, About Microsoft NodeXL in the Excel ribbon.

2. Is the problem repeatable? In other words, does it occur every time you try to use Dynamic Filters in this particular workbook? If so, I will send you an address to which you can send the workbook, so I can have a closer look at it.

Thanks,
Tony

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I've sent an email address directly to you.  (I first attempted to send it via CodePlex's "contact this user" feature, but that doesn't seem to be working at the moment.)

-- Tony

Oct 4, 2010 at 11:15 PM
Edited Oct 5, 2010 at 3:34 AM

John:

There was a bug in NodeXL that caused it to get confused when a column name included a leading or trailing space, such as the "Edge Weight " column you had on your Edges worksheet.  The bug will be fixed in the next release, which will be version 1.0.1.149.

In the meantime, you can avoid the bug by not using leading or trailing spaces in column names.  I've sent you a repaired version of the workbook you sent me.  You should be able to use Dynamic Filters on the repaired workbook using your version of NodeXL.

Thanks for reporting this bug.

-- Tony