Anyone Having "Errors" When Trying to Run a Graph?

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Good afternoon, All.  I started running into bugs yesterday when trying to generate a graph, so I uninstalled the old NodeXL and downloaded the new.  However, upon completion, I'm still getting bugs.  Any thoughts on how to overcome the below?  Thanks!

---------------------------
Microsoft NodeXL
An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[IOException]: Cannot read from the stream.

[COMException]: Exception from HRESULT: 0x88982F72

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.SetupDecoderFromUriOrStream(Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, Guid& clsId, Boolean& isOriginalWritable, Stream& uriStream, UnmanagedMemoryStream& unmanagedMemoryStream, SafeFileHandle& safeFilehandle)

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.CreateFromUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy, Boolean insertInDecoderCache)

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.FinalizeCreation()

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.EndInit()

at Microsoft.WpfGraphicsLib.WpfImageUtil.GetImageSynchronousHttp(Uri uri)

at Microsoft.WpfGraphicsLib.WpfImageUtil.GetImageSynchronous(String uriString)

at Microsoft.WpfGraphicsLib.WpfImageUtil.GetImageSynchronousIgnoreDpi(String uriString)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.VertexWorksheetReader.ReadImageUri(ExcelTableRow oRow, IVertex oVertex, VertexRadiusConverter oVertexRadiusConverter, Nullable`1 oVertexImageSize)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.VertexWorksheetReader.ReadVertexTable(ListObject oVertexTable, ReadWorkbookContext oReadWorkbookContext, IGraph oGraph)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.VertexWorksheetReader.ReadWorksheet(Workbook workbook, ReadWorkbookContext readWorkbookContext, IGraph graph)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.WorkbookReader.ReadWorkbookInternal(Workbook workbook, ReadWorkbookContext readWorkbookContext)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.WorkbookReader.ReadWorkbook(Workbook workbook, ReadWorkbookContext readWorkbookContext)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.TaskPane.ReadWorkbook(Boolean bLayOutGraph)
OK  

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Fyi, I tried to import new data (had zero issues), however when I went to generate the graph, I received the following:

Details:

[ArgumentException]: Value does not fall within the expected range.

[ArgumentException]: An invalid character was found in text content.

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrameDecode.get_ColorContexts()

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.FinalizeCreation()

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.EndInit()

at Microsoft.WpfGraphicsLib.WpfImageUtil.GetImageSynchronousHttp(Uri uri)

at Microsoft.WpfGraphicsLib.WpfImageUtil.GetImageSynchronous(String uriString)

at Microsoft.WpfGraphicsLib.WpfImageUtil.GetImageSynchronousIgnoreDpi(String uriString)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.VertexWorksheetReader.ReadImageUri(ExcelTableRow oRow, IVertex oVertex, VertexRadiusConverter oVertexRadiusConverter, Nullable`1 oVertexImageSize)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.VertexWorksheetReader.ReadVertexTable(ListObject oVertexTable, ReadWorkbookContext oReadWorkbookContext, IGraph oGraph)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.VertexWorksheetReader.ReadWorksheet(Workbook workbook, ReadWorkbookContext readWorkbookContext, IGraph graph)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.WorkbookReader.ReadWorkbookInternal(Workbook workbook, ReadWorkbookContext readWorkbookContext)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.WorkbookReader.ReadWorkbook(Workbook workbook, ReadWorkbookContext readWorkbookContext)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.TaskPane.ReadWorkbook(Boolean bLayOutGraph)
OK  

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:46 PM

JLE:

I assume that you are running into this while importing Twitter networks, and that you are using version 1.0.1.132 of NodeXL.

Please download and install version 1.0.1.134, which fixed the problem.  You can find it at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/releases/view/52091.  It's marked as "Alpha" and it's not the current default release on CodePlex, but that's just because it contains only bug fixes (it offers no new features) and I didn't want to pester all our users with multiple downloads in one week.

Sorry for the trouble.

-- Tony