Any Recommendations for Searching Twitter Results over a Certain Time Period?

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Hi, Tony (and All) :) Quick question: I'm trying to search some terms or hashtags that may be relevant in the way of uncovering talent pools or possible customers/partners, etc. Does the current Twitter search limit results to the last 5 days, and if not, is there a way to specify a given time period (say, for example, Jan 1 2010 to Jan 15 2010)? Many talent pools (or customer pools/partner pools, etc.) self-organize around a given event or concept, however the self-organized group may be finite and ephemeral in nature (for example, the #sunbelt post that Marc put up a few days ago: Thoughts? Thanks, again (and as always, a serious Kudos to the entire NodeXL team!!!) - Josh Letourneau
Jul 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM

By default, neither NodeXL nor Twitter restrict the search results to the last five days.  Instead, the results are limited according to a scheme I described in my June 23 reply within this discussion:

If you want to restrict the search results to a certain period, you can use Twitter's "search operators" to do so.  Click on the "Advanced search help" link in NodeXL's Import from Twitter Search Network dialog box for details.  To search for people whose tweets contain "soccer" between July 12 and 13, for example, you would enter the following into NodeXL's "Search for..." box:

soccer since:2010-07-12 until:2010-07-13

-- Tony

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM
Thanks, Tony - this was extremely helpful. I was overlooking the fact that we could add advanced operators to our search strings inside NodeXL. The app continues to impress!