Jun 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM
Edited Jun 23, 2010 at 6:28 PM
If the NodeXLControl is not showing in Visual Studio's Toolbox window, then do the following:
1. Right-click within the Toolbox window and select Choose Items.
2. In the Choose Toolbox Items dialog box, select the WPF Components tab.
3. Click the Browse button, then navigate to and select the Microsoft.NodeXL.Control.Wpf.dll file.
In your console application, do the following:
1. Use the SimpleGraphAdapter.LoadGraphFromFile() method to read your tab-delimited file and create a graph from its contents. There is no support for comma-delimited files, because that would preclude having commas in vertex names.
2. Lay out the graph using one of the Layout classes, then draw the graph onto a Bitmap using the NodeXLVisual class. There is sample code that does this in the NodeXLVisual Class topic within the NodeXLApi.chm help file.
3. Save the Bitmap to a file using the Bitmap.Save() method.