Getting Build Error

Jun 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM
Hi, 1. I am trying to build the solution and I am getting this error .I tried to fix it but I gave up finally "Error 1 Cannot find the certificate that matches the project system thumbprint. To sign the application and deployment manifests, open the Project Designer, click the Signing page tab, select an existing certificate, and try again. ExcelTemplate" Kindly help me out if anyone knows how to fix this error . Thanks a ton
Jun 22, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Edited Jun 22, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Visual Studio is trying to sign the Excel Template's ClickOnce manifest with the original developer's certificate, which is not distributed with the source code.  To fix the problem, do the following:

1. In Solution Explorer, right-click ExcelTemplate and select Properties.

2. In the Properties window, click the Signing tab.

3. In the Signing tab, either uncheck "Sign the ClickOnce manifest" or select a certificate from your own store.

Alternatively, if you don't need the Excel Template, right-click ExcelTemplate in Solution Explorer and select Remove.

-- Tony

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:12 PM

...and if you don't need the Excel Template, you can also remove all the other projects that start with "ExcelTemplate" -- ExcelTemplatePlugIns, ExcelTemplateRegisterUser, etc.

-- Tony

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:20 PM
Thanks a lot :) You people are very prompt and quick. I really appreciate that .
Oct 15, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem. I've tried what you suggested to uncheck "Sign the ClickOnce manifest" but when I rebuild the solution it automatically checks "Sign the ClickOnce manifest" and then report the same error. Any advice how to fix this problem?

NOTE: I'm working with NodeXL-52263 version.

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:41 PM
Edited Oct 15, 2010 at 5:27 PM

On the Signing tab, click "Select from Store" to select a certificate from your own store.

Either that, or remove the ExcelTemplate project from the solution.  You can remove the ExcelTemplate project by clicking Build, Configuration Manager in Visual Studio and unchecking ExcelTemplate in the Build column.  You will also have to uncheck the NetworkServer and UnitTests projects, because those depend on the ExcelTemplate project.  You can also remove all the other projects that start with "ExcelTemplate" -- ExcelTemplatePlugIns, ExcelTemplateRegisterUser, etc.

-- Tony