Export as vector

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Hi, I would like to export the graph as a vector file (wmf/emf/eps/pdf) - is that possible - if not, add it to the wishlist!

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Yes, it's possible, although not in the formats you mentioned.  If you right-click the graph pane, select Save Image to File, Save Image, and specify XPS as the "Save as type," then NodeXL will save the graph image to an XPS file.  XPS is a vector format that is Microsoft's version of PDF.  You can convert the XPS to PDF using a number of programs; search for "XPS to PDF."

Before using Save Image to File, you'll probably want to set the image size.  To do this, right-click the graph pane and select Save Image to File, Set Image Size.

-- Tony

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I see... a bit convoluted, but that works!

Another question - is there an (easy) way to print the graph, then I could just send it to a ps/pdf print driver... ?

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2010 at 5:40 PM

No, there isn't a way to print the graph directly from Excel.  You have to save the graph as an image, then use another program (such as the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 7) to print the image.  I recommend saving the image in TIFF or BMP format to avoid compression artifacts.

-- Tony