NodeXL exception

May 27, 2010 at 10:38 AM

---------------------------Microsoft NodeXL--------------------------

[COMException]: Exception at HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

Server stack trace: 

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.set_Value(Object RangeValueDataType, Object )
      at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.GraphImporter.ImportVertexAttributes(IGraph oSourceGraph, String[] asVertexAttributes, Dictionary`2 oVertexDictionary, ListObject oVertexTable)
      at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.GraphImporter.ImportVertices(IGraph oSourceGraph, String[] asVertexAttributes, ListObject oVertexTable, Range oVertexNameColumnData, Range oVisibilityColumnData)
      at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.GraphImporter.ImportGraph(IGraph sourceGraph, String[] edgeAttributes, String[] vertexAttributes, Boolean clearTablesFirst, Workbook destinationNodeXLWorkbook)
      at  Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ImportGraph(IGraph oGraph, String[] oEdgeAttributes, String[] oVertexAttributes)

---------------------------ΟΚ   ---------------------------

May 27, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Do you remember what you were doing when you got this message?  Does it happen every time, or was is seemingly random?

May 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM

It was the first time I tried to use NodeXL. I was trying to bring data from my Twitter account.

It worked at the end of the process, I don't know if I missed any data. I just posted here the message because I supposed you would like to know it.

May 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Yes, I would like to figure out what caused it and I appreciate your reporting the problem.

Did you try Twitter again, and did it work the second time?  Or do you get the same message every time?  If it happens every time, could you please tell me which Twitter feature you are using (Twitter User Network or Twitter Search Network), and what settings you are specifying in the dialog box?  If it happens every time, I might be able to duplicate the problem here and track it down and fix it.  (I haven't seen this problem myself, and it's obviously not supposed to happen.)

May 27, 2010 at 4:09 PM

My settings were:

Twitter User's Network -> "Both" vertex, "All" edges, "levels=2.0"

(I tried to push it to its limits) :)

I hadn't tried it for a second time because ti took me a while, but I did know.

The message is the same.

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2010 at 7:13 PM

This problem will be fixed in version of NodeXL.  It occurs when someone's tweet starts with an equal sign, as in "=:-) hello!".  Excel was trying to interpret this as a formula.

Thank you for reporting this.

-- Tony