installation error can somebody help

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:46 PM

[Moved from Issue Tracker to Discussions.  -- Tony]

Got an error message running the set-up exe
attempt to download from microsoft site
An error occurred downloading the following resource: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=95146
same error 1.01.113 and 117

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

It looks like there was some sort of glitch in downloading a piece of required software from the Microsoft site.  (That software is called "Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System (version 3.0 Runtime) Service Pack 1 (x86).")  Please try downloading and installing that software first by going to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D8EB4921-891A-4B5E-973F-0B96E6CCF376&displaylang=en, then run the NodeXL setup program again.

-- Tony

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:08 AM

Correct Tony, searching for the name of the software allowed to successfully download the visual studio tool set. (the link in the mail is not OK)

One more isssue the NodeXL set-up, has an issue with Windows7 the defualt security on the file syqtem is to high, and the set-up is failing, an update of the access rights is required.

With this 2 elements the installation is OK (even with Office 2010 beta)

Thank you Tony

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:38 AM
Edited Mar 23, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Photofan:

I've added a note to the version 1.0.1.117 page saying that you have to right-click Setup.exe in Windows Explorer and select Run as Administrator.  That works around the security bug you noted.  (Version 1.0.1.117 has a new setup program and is marked as an Alpha release.)  This bug will be fixed in the next Beta version, 1.0.1.120, and the Run as Administrator step will not be required.

I'm not sure why the link I included above did not work for you.  When I click on it, it takes me directly to the download page for the Microsoft software I mentioned.  Could it be that you have a firewall that is blocking access to Microsoft sites?  Or perhaps the site was having intermittent problems.

In any case, I'm glad things are working for you now.

-- Tony